Welcome to the 2012 Farm to Fork Guide!
Here you’ll find an amazing bounty of local food and other agricultural products available at farms, grocery stores, restaurants, farmers’ markets and retail outlets throughout the Capital/Saratoga Region of New York. Whether you’re planning your weekly shopping...heading out for a great meal...or looking for that special gift, we encourage you to visit one of the many farms or businesses featured here and show your support for the people who help keep our local economy strong and vibrant.
Why Buy Locally Produced Food?
Fresh locally-grown food tastes really, REALLY good!
- Buying locally-grown food keeps money in the local economy, supporting your neighbor
- Cooking with locally-grown food makes it easy to eat nutritiously
- Buying locally-grown food connects you to farms and farmers
- Locally-grown food is an investment in our working landscape
- Locally-grown food can reduce energy demands through decreased transportation distances and minimal packaging
- Local farmers carry on our region’s food traditions, including raising heirloom varieties of produce and livestock not commonly found in the commercial marketplace.
The 2012 Farm to Fork Guide
Click on the links below to see the full listings
Last Updated (Monday, 11 June 2012 17:16)